THURSDAY: MY ADVENTURES
TRAVEL LOG: OCTOBER 2009, DISNEY’S CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT
A few months ago, we needed to get away and experience something new. I was thinking about the Caribbean, but on such short notice it wasn’t possible. So, we did the next best thing, we spent the weekend in Disney’s version of the Caribbean and even upgraded to a pirate suite for Kai.
The laid back getaway included:
1. A dip on the resort’s Caribbean-themed swimming pool, although much of our time was spent at the kid’s pirate ship pool that had canons exploding with water on unsuspecting kids. Here fearless Kai slid down the slide head first and backward.
2. Playing pirates in our room. With two pirate ship beds side by side, it was only natural that one was for the good pirates and one was for the bad. There were full on battles throughout our stay.
3. Reading pirate books, such as Kai’s favorites Henry & the Buccaneer Bunnies and Henry & the Crazed Chicken Pirates.
4. Venturing out to the Rainforest Café at Downtown Disney for dinner.
5. Playing at the resort’s playground located on a sandy lake-side beach and chilling on the hammocks.
It was simple, yet so relaxing and so needed. In fact, I could use another real soon.