THURSDAY: MY GETAWAYS
Travel log: Durham, New Hampshire, April 2006
Back in 2006, Alex, my friend Jessica, and I (Kai in my belly too) flew up to New Hampshire to visit our friend, Paul, who at the time was living upstairs from a lumber yard. While there, we also met up with our Bostonian besties, Katy and Chris, who drove up to see us.
Highlights from the trip:
1. Paul’s lumber yard outhouse
2. Maine lobster dinner (for everyone else but me! My pregnant body reacted unfavorably to the lobster, swelling my hands. Alex and Paul dove right into my freshly-boiled crustacean.)
3. Hiking on some trail (I have no idea where we were.)
4. Hanging with Katy and Chris.
5. Staying in a charming B&B near Paul’s place.
6. The cool, spring northeastern air
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Please check yourself for ticks when hiking in New Hampshire – or anywhere actually! And if you find one, get tested for lyme disease using Igenex labs – the only accurate test for the disease.